Due to the dramatic increase in competition over the last few years, it has become more and more important for Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to run an efficient business and offer an adequate Quality of Service. The Competitive Internet Service Provider is a comprehensive guide for those seeking to do just that.
Oliver Heckmann approaches the issue from a system point of view, looking not only at running a network, but also at connecting the network with peering and transit partners or planning the expansion of the network.
The Competitive Internet Service Provider:
- Offers an advanced reference on the topic, drawing on state-of-the art research in network technology.
- Clearly defines the criteria enabling ISPs to operate with the greatest efficiency and deliver adequate Quality of Service.
- Discusses the implications of the future multiservice Internet and multimedia applications such as Voice over IP, peer-to-peer, or network games.
- Delivers a comparative evaluation of different feasible Quality of Service approaches.
- Explores scientific methods such as queuing theory, network calculus, and optimization theory.
- Illustrates concepts throughout with mathematical models and simulations.
This invaluable reference will provide academic and industrial researchers in the field of network and communications technology, graduate students on telecommunications courses, as well as ISP managers, engineers and technicians, equipment manufacturers and consultants, with an understanding of the concepts and issues involved in running a successful ISP.
For drivers who love new adventures while traveling, the Garmin Drive Smart 55 GPS navigator is the ultimate road trip companion. Featuring simple menus and easy-to-read maps, Garmin Drive Smart 55 lets you view turn-by-turn directions at a glance on a bright 5. 5” edge-to-edge touchscreen display. Traffic and map updates are included along with helpful driver alerts to encourage safer driving.
- Easy-to-use 5. 5″ GPS navigator
- Simple menus and bright, easy-to-see maps, Display resolution: 1280 x 720 pixels
- Garmin Traffic suggests alternate routes
- Voice-activated and ability to pair with a compatible smartphone for hands-free calling
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity for map and software updates without a computer
Experience life one campground at a time with RV 780. Featuring a 6. 95” edge-to-edge display, this GPS navigator creates custom routes to suit the size and weight of your RV (not available in all areas) and provides road warnings for steep grades, sharp curves and more.
- Advanced GPS navigator for the RV and camping enthusiast
- RV navigator with high-resolution 6. 95″ edge-to-edge touch display
- Custom routing takes into account the size and weight of your RV then finds the best route for your vehicle (Not available in all areas. Always verify appropriateness of route suggestions and defer to all posted road signs and road conditions).
- Provides road warnings to keep you aware of steep grades, sharp curves, weight limits and more
- Includes a directory of RV parks and services plus integrated content from Ultimate Public Campgrounds, KOA, overlanded, Plan TripAdvisor, Foursquare and more
- Pair with your compatible smartphone to gain access to hands-free calling and smart notifications; also includes voice-activated navigation for convenience on the road
- Download to your paired compatible smartphone the free Garmin Drive app to access live traffic and advanced weather forecasts
Wherever you’re going, have a smoother trip with Garmin drive. This dedicated GPS navigator includes innovative driver alerts to help increase your situational awareness and preloaded travel points of Interest from TripAdvisor to help find everything you need along the way. The future is on your Garmin. Just look ahead and drive.
- Easy-to-use dedicated GPS navigator with bright 6. 0-Inch dual-orientation display
- Preloaded with lifetime maps of the U. S. and Canada
- Provides real-time services, such as Live traffic and select Live parking, when using free smartphone link app on your compatible smartphone
- Driver alerts for dangerous curves, speed changes, speed cameras, railroad crossings, Animal crossings and more
- TripAdvisor ratings for travel points of interest (poi’s) such as hotels, restaurants and attractions
The Rand McNally OverDryve 8 Pro Truck GPS Tablet is an all-in-one dashboard device designed specifically for the commercial driver. With features like robust truck navigation, built-in SiriusXM satellite radio with a 3-month free subscription, voice assistance and Bluetooth hands-free calling and texting, OverDryve 8 Pro combines essential driving and business tools with in-cab entertainment for a safe and connected haul. Receive real-time updates about the weather, traffic and fuel prices according to your route. The truck-specific navigation also features truck POIs, advanced lane guidance, toll costs, warnings, fuel logs and more. Maneuver the road ahead with OverDryve Pro!
- 8″ High-resolution screen
- Antiglare screen protector
- Truck-specific navigation
- ELD ready with included Driver Connect logbook app
- Bluetooth-enabled for hands-free calls & texts